Join us Sunday, October 17th @ 10:45am for Sunday Service online.
Join us Sunday, October 17th @ 10:45am for Sunday Service online.
Hello Shiloah Members and Friends! Greetings to each of you on another Lord’s Day!
Happy Birthday to our Members & Friends in the optimistic month of October! We are in our 98th Church Anniversary season! All praises unto God!!
The month of October is Annual Breast Cancer Awareness
98th Church Anniversary Season:
Our 98th Anniversary will be celebrated on October 24, 2021. We will worship in-person to celebrate this special occasion. Our theme is: “Re-digging Old Wells”, Scripture: Genesis 26:18; the colors are Burgundy and White. We are asking that each member give $1 for each year. Please plan to worship with us on this special day.
Sis. Lana Webb, Chairperson
2021 Annual Tea – Update:
A very special Thank You to Sis. Sharon Smith who served as the Chairperson for our 2nd virtual event and treated us to a SereniTEA, complete with tea bags! The calendar groups with the highest contributions were June, September and October. Many, many THANKS to all members of Shiloah for your contributions to our major fundraising activity. The entire report will be sent to the membership in October.
Current Church Services:
Shiloah Baptist Church will meet for in-person worship every other Sunday(except for 5th Sundays). The next in-person date will be Oct. 24, 2021, ANNIVERSARY SUNDAY (virtual on other days).
Please be prayerful and patient as we navigate a safe return to our normal services!
*The Food Pantry will be open on Mondays, from 2p.m.-4p.m. Volunteers are needed for the Greater Chicago Food Depository. Please contact Sis. Donna Ford.
*Bible Class will be held on Wednesdays, 7 pm, via Conference Call. Will notify if cancelled. Conference Number - 1 (712) 432 - 3900; Access code - 387301#
**Please be sure to mute phones, TVs and other devices during this hour. Thank you!
*Sunday School books are now available for fall quarter. Please pick them up on Mondays, 11 – 1 pm, before the Food Pantry distribution.
Forecast Activities (Future):
*Communion Service will be held on 1st Sundays, during morning worship service.
For those unable to attend, please join the Conference Call at 9:30 am, 1st Sundays.
*The Literary Guild is still accepting donations for our college students; please use the Gold envelopes. All donations are appreciated!!
Shiloah Church Calendar: Once again it is time to gather information for our Shiloah Church Calendar. Due to our inability to gather in person, the committee will require the assistance of everyone. We would like you to share any pictures you may have from events of November 2019 to this current month, that may be used in the calendar, email the to:
Sis. Tiajuana Gordon @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committee members are responsible for certain months and will reach out to you to confirm your entries or you may contact them directly via email, this should limit request misunderstandings.
January, February, March- Sis. Tiajuana Gordon @ email@example.com
April, May, June- Sis. Essie Harmon @ firstname.lastname@example.org
July, August, September- Sis. Wilhelmina Cunningham @ email@example.com
October, November, December- Sis. Sharon Smith @ firstname.lastname@example.org
New members contact your birth month committee member to add your entries. The price for each calendar entry is $6.50. this would be a perfect time to give family and friends a personalized gift with their Birthday, Anniversary, or Family Memorial. You don’t have to be a member of Shiloah to have your entry added. Entries, changes and/or corrections must be submitted by October 30, 2021
*Covid-19 and the Delta variant are a major health problem and cases are rising! Please consider getting vaccinated and continue safe COVID practices.
Sick, Shut In and Bereaved:
*Continue to pray for all of our sick and shut in, those in bereavement, and the mental well-being of our members & friends. Remember to encourage one another.
Thank You Note(s):
To my Shiloah Church Family,
I would like to thank you for the scholarship and book award. Receiving support from my church family is encouraging. May God bless you.
Additional Announcements: See the SBC Webpage
*Shiloah received a $500 gift for participation in a COVID-19 Virtual Workshop, hosted by the Progressive National Baptist Convention, Inc., Community Project, sponsored by the Institute of Church Administration and Management. To God be the glory!
*Please use Amazon Smile to support our church when you use Amazon.com. Go to www.smile.Amazon.com and select The Shiloah Baptist Church of Justine Street as your charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases.
*Please contact the Church if you are not receiving SBC texts or mailings. We will do our best to keep you connected.
*Thank you for your faithful financial support. Please continue to mail tithes and offerings (checks/money orders) to: SBC, 9211 S. Justine St, Chicago, IL 60620.
Contact the Church Clerk, Sis. Edna Holloway, for financial questions.
*You may leave any announcements by noon on Thursday mornings via the church phone, fax, email, or you may send them to the Announcement Clerks.
Thought for the Week:
If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9 KJV
Share this good news with others.
*Have a great week Shiloah! May God continue to bless you.
Announcement Clerks: Sis. Carolyn Sibley, Sis. Rachelle Stewart, Sis. Letoya Baker
1. Vaccinating as many people as possible is the only way to end this pandemic. Without a vaccine, the pandemic could go on for two to three more years or longer.
2. We expect everyone who wants a vaccine will be able to get one in the next few months as large quantities become available.
3. Following CDC guidelines, we’re vaccinating our patients who are 65 and older, prioritizing those at highest risk based on heath conditions and those who live in areas disproportionately impacted by COVID-19. As vaccine supplies become available in the weeks and months ahead, we’ll reach out directly to patients 65 and older with an email, phone call or text message when it’s their turn to schedule.
4. The benefit of receiving the COVID-19 vaccine far outweighs the risk.
5. Trials showed the Pfizer vaccine was 95% effective in preventing COVID-19 and the Moderna vaccine was 94% effective. There were no serious safety concerns reported with either.
6. Many people who receive the vaccine report side effects including pain at the injection site, tiredness, headache, muscle pain, chills, joint pain and fever. These side effects often indicate a person’s immune system is responding properly to the vaccine.
7. The Pfizer vaccine is administered in two doses given no less than 21 days apart. The Moderna vaccine is administered in two doses given no less than 28 days apart. It’s important to get both doses to ensure full protection. And you must get two doses of the same vaccine – you can’t get one of each.
8. Even after receiving the vaccine, everyone needs to wear masks, practice social distancing and wash their hands. It’ll take time to immunize enough of the population to stop the virus from spreading, so we’ll need to continue these safe practices for some time.
9. Our top priority is to administer the vaccine safely and equitably.
10. Our Safe Care Promise provides additional measures at all of our locations to protect you and our team members. In person or online, we’re here for you.
Provided by: Advocate Aurora Health www.advocateaurorahealth.org
Homeless Shelter Services: For Placement Call: 312-281-7213, 312-281-7610
• Call 311 # Non-Emergency and ask for shelter assistance.
• In addition you can go to the nearest hospital or police station and ask for shelter assistance for individuals or families.
Senior Housing – 312-655-7440
Affordable Rental Housing Resources: 877-428-8844
Rental Assistance: Call 311 non-emergency number and ask for Short Term Help.
Suburban Rental Assistance: Call 877-426-6515
Illinois Foreclosure Prevention Hotline #: 855-533-7411
Food Pantry Hotline #: 312-655-7700 or 773-725-1100
Senior Food Box: 312-746-4016
Call 311 to request emergency food.
Disabled Food Delivery:
Contact the Mayor’s Office of Peoples with Disabilities at 312-746-5773 to home delivered meals as needed.
SNAP / LINK Benefits Hotline: 773-843-5416 or Suburban # 800-843-6154
Need of food 773 843 5416 - 800 843 6154
Counseling Services: 800 950 6264
Seniors: 800 252 8966
Suburban Seniors: 708 383 0258
Counseling Services: 1-800-950-6264 or 312-655-7725
Illinois Department on Aging Helpline: 1-800-252-8966
Home Care Services: Call 312-744-4016
Suburban Seniors: Age Options for Social Services at 708-383-0258
DFSS – Has a Senior Program called “The Heavy Duty Chore Program Telephone # is 312-744-4016.
ComED has set aside 18 million dollars for payment assistance programs
ComED customers, Contact: # 312-744-4426
Peoples Gas has set aside 12 million dollars for utility assistance:
People Gas Customers Contact: # 866-556-6001
North Shore Gas #: 866 556- 6004
CEDA can be contacted at 1-800-571-2332 for low income home energy assistance program.
Emergency Heating Repair: Contact: 311
It is a grant program available to Chicago eligible home owners for service repair or replacement of their furnace or boiler heating
Copyright © 2021 Shiloah Baptist Church - All Rights Reserved.
Each One, Reach One